Ann: A Girl Bigger Than Problems

“In this world ye shall have tribulations, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33)."


I want to testify about this close friend and colleague of mine. She's a woman of inspiration and of hope. Her name was Ann Brimon, a girl who looks down on problems as if she were standing on a mountain.


I first get in touch with Ann 3 years ago. She was a girl who always smiles and laugh, she never ran out of it as if she had an overflowing source of laughter. She always cracks jokes and laugh around like it's the end of the world. I never saw her sad or crying for real as if she never experience problems in life. She's the total optimistic and she's the happiest of all creature I ever knew.


Behind those tickling laughter and golden smiles she was a girl who is living her life the least and humblest among us friends. She lives in a rented shack which I think is just the size of our dining area, she had no brothers or sisters, and her mother died 3 years ago. She makes living through encoding on a shipping company and providesalong with the help of her aunt, for her father who had a lung disease and is incapable of working . Just around this September, her father fell worse in sickness and needed to be confined on the Lung Center for treatment. Everyday, her father's sickness got worse until her father loses hope. It was October 3, 2011 when her father died and she needed to pay for the bills that cost around 300,000 pesos. On that day, I called her on the phone and it was the first time I heard her cry. I felt grief and cried along with her voice on the phone. I then visited her father's wake (burol) the other day after the phone call. As I remember, all she do is smile, I cried but she still smile and laugh. It's like nothing happened at all. I knew on her heart she was happy because her father's struggle ended in peace but this is very unusual for a person who is left alone on her own at a young age of 23. I can tell you that I feel sadder than Ann when I saw her but she just made fun of it and she said to me that she already moved on about the incident yet I, just a friend, was more grieved than her.


She smiles a lot because she knows that everything was already conquered for her as said on the verse above. She realizes her blessings more than she acknowledges problems. She knows her standing with God and knows that she had friends that she can call brothers and sisters and that she knows she's not alone. Most of us can't realize these things. We always acknowledge problems more than realizing our blessings. We often think that we're alone when there's a God who always watch and is ever ready to help. A little problem often makes us upset and look grumpy all the time. Always think that there is a God who overcame everything for us and all we have to do is believe, acknowledge and rely on His power along with our efforts. Smile always because there is a God who gives you joy in the midst of tribulation and you know that He will never leave you nor forsake you and that problems are not your own. Let the life of our sister Ann be an encouraging inspiration to all of us.

___________________________________________


This article is dedicated to Mary Ann G. Brimon
R.I.P. Mr. Ricardo Brimon

Share |

0 comments (leave a comment):

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger, comments by Disqus